Chronicling all the Happenings in our Little Corner of the World

Monday, October 10, 2011

Elizabeth Kate: Eight Months Old


My friend, Paige, writes a new post on each of her daughter's monthly birthdays to document the little details of her life and development.  I thought this was a great idea, so with this post, I hope to start a new tradition on my blog! 

My sweet little girl--today, you turn eight months old!  I can't believe it.  This time last year, I was about 20 weeks pregnant, and we had just found out we were having a baby girl.  Time flies unbelievably fast.  This is a sonogram image of you one year ago (October 7, 2010).  As you can see, I was so excited to be having you! :)



I've said it before, and I'll say it again; you are a very happy baby!  You charm everyone you meet with your sweet smile.  Your giggle is absolutely contagious.  You have some of the cutest expressions, too!  Such a drama queen already... :)





You are a great little eater!  In the last two months, you have sample and enjoyed a variety of yummy things.  You aren't a picky eater; we haven't found anything yet that you do not like.  (Makes Mommy happy!)  You do have a few favorites: so far, you love pears, bananas, carrots, peas, and green beans.   You've been eating "Stage 2" foods for a few weeks now.  We also recently introduced you to rice puffs...your first finger food!  You haven't mastered getting them in your mouth on your own, but you're great at eating them. (More like "gumming" them).  It's fun to watch you try new things.


Mommy is super excited that you finally have some hair!  You had a head-full when you were born, but most of it fell out when you were about two months old.  You now have enough hair to wake up with "bed head", so I have to comb it every morning.  I love it!  I can't wait until you have enough to wear clips and bows.  Someday soon, I think. :)


You LOVE taking baths!  I REALLY hope that you always will.  You don't mind having your hair washed and you giggle everytime I scrub your little feet (already ticklish like Daddy).  You like playing with your bath-toys, but your favorite thing to do is flail your arms and legs in the water and get Mommy soaking wet. (And the wall, and the floor....)  Mommy doesn't mind because you get such a kick out of it!  Enjoy it while you can, girl.  It won't be so cute when you're three, haha! :)




Each time I got a sonogram while I was pregnant with you, the technician remarked about how "active" you were.  That is so you!  You are one busy little girl!  You are always on the move, grabbing everything within reach, and, like most babies your age, sticking it in your mouth.  In fact, you cry almost everytime I change you diaper or change your clothes because you can't stand being still for more than two seconds.  You can be a handful and I constantly have to tell you, "No, no!", but truthfully, I love your curiosity.  It is one of my favorite things about you!  It just shows how alert and how bright you are! 


Your favorite toys include the Jumperoo, your little books (YAY!!), tennis balls (Daddy is SOO proud), and anything that lights up or makes sounds.  You also recently took a liking to "Baby Einstein" videos.  Your favorite so far is "Baby Mozart".  You stare at the screen with such wonder!  Don't misunderstand me; we do not watch TV all day.  But when we do, this is what we watch. 


You currently wear a size 3 diaper and size 2 shoes.  To my surprise, you still don't have any teeth yet, but that's okay!  Those pearly whites will show up soon enough. 


Here are a few more recent photos of you.

 Looking adorable for your first Texas-OU game.  Too bad the Horns didn't win..


  You had better things to do than let Daddy put on your jammies.  This is what happens when you decide to crawl away before he's done!




You and I went on a walk this morning.  You love being outside!


Here you are NOT taking a nap....



Sweet Girl :)


I love you, Honey Bun!  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment